Sponge filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMRC Exotics

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've found my local fish and big box stores do not stock any format of Sponge filters, where do you guys (who use them) acquire you're Sponge filters and what types do you use? Any input would be appreciated.

There's a lot of YouTube videos that show u how to make really nice sponge filters for cheap. The work great and are more customizable to your specific tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to believe, seems as though these filters would be more common given the price point, $25 buys a cheap air pump that can power a few sponges, $7 can buy a decent sponge filter, seems like a decent option. Thanks for the links cb, they will likely be my source of order as buying locally isn't an option unfortunately, I love to support local fish stores.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I find it kinda odd that stores don't carry songs filters. None of my chains have them. Even my LFS I don't recall specifically having sponge filters(just a bunch of pads)

I have Amazon prime so I just got some cheap ones from there.

Caleb

I find it kinda odd that stores don't carry SONG filters. None of my chains have them. Even my LFS I don't recall specifically having sponge filters(just a bunch of pads)

I have Amazon prime so I just got some cheap ones from there.

Caleb

You know I also wonder why they don't carry SONG filters:lol: hahaha fish need to be able to filter out rock music:lol:

I make some, buy some from Ebay, Have a LFS that does still carry different brands of them ( Just goes to show the value of a Mom & Pop shop :whistle: ) and got some from the Florida Fish Farmers Association' s retail site. ( FTFFA Co-Op Store, Aquaculture Supplier )So there are many choices and many types ( Lee's, Hydro Sponge, Bio sponge, etc) that it shouldn't be too difficult to get them. (y)

Back
Top Bottom