Stains on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottermus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any tips on how to get glass clean on the outside of the tank? Some water has ran down the outside from condensation build up inside the tank hood, I've left it for too long and I don't seem to be able to remove these "runs"!! I've tried vinegar, which had a slight effect and some household window cleaner, which I used very carefully as to not get any in the tank!!
Any advice would be appreciated, it's a freshwater tank, thanks.

As long as it's glass you can scrape it with a ravor blade, just be careful. Make sure your using white vinegar, it works better than the brown stuff.

If you use a razor blade get the glass wet first, less chance of a scratch!!

I just went thru this on a 20 gal I was given. I used the white vinegar straight, wiped on the glass and let set for a few minutes and them scraped with the razor blade. Keep the angle on the blade low and apply even pressure, this will help prevent any scratches.

Vinegar and razor blade did the job, cheers for the advice

I just traded for a used 55 gallon and both inside and out had white... The girl friend suggested using "magic eraser" sponge and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom