Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Stand is cracked ?

I noticed when I was draining my 92g tank doing a water change and adding some shims because the floor is slightly uneven putting more water to the front.. That the stand is cracked on the bottom.. The main bowed out front of wood where the doors are and where the main pieces of wood that hold the tank up is cracked.. I think the previous owner told me about this but I forgot about it.

Is this going to cause long term problems ? Because its cracked all the way through the board, the weight of the tank pushes one side higher then the other causing the door to be hard to open and im wondering if this could also affect the fish tank as well.

How do you suppose I fix this ? Should I drill it and put 2 wood screws in combine the pieces together again ?

Im kinda concerned since this tank does weigh quiet abit.. And everytime I drain the water and refill it the stand does creek lol

candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Hard to say proper fix, but the shim needs to be on other side of crack IMO.
All weight in tanks go to corners.
The shim needs to be under the corner(no matter front or back).
I would try clamp and glue for crack repair as my first attempt.

coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:17 AM   #3
There is one on the otherside as well ill try to take better pics
candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote

crack, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com