starting an overstocked 75 g cichlid tank, is a single Rena XP2 enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is that the plastic piece that comes with the glass versa tops? If so I have a piece laying around somewhere and I may try this.. unfortunately it's prob the thicker aqueon

It sure is. If it is really thick, try using tin snips, very heavy scissors, or a hacksaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe I will consider the AC 110 then. I would just prefer to have as much equipment hidden as possible, although if I go with a 3d background (which I am considering), then it may not be much of an issue. Only concerned with how much water I'm displacing with such a large fixture and assume I would need to lessen my total fish count if losing X gallons. Just spent about an hour cleaning out the old Rena XP2 that came with the tank I found on CL (although it was used for salt, but I think it should be fine if I clean it up enough). Pretty decent; bought the tank/pine stand/T5 HO light/filter/books/heater/chemicals/powerhead and other accessories for $200, then found some light scratches in the tank am selling everything for $250 (make $50) AND keeping the filter and powerhead. Just found a brand new 75 gallon on sale today for $150. Can't wait to get the stand built and get this baby going.

Maybe I will consider the AC 110 then. I would just prefer to have as much equipment hidden as possible, although if I go with a 3d background (which I am considering), then it may not be much of an issue. Only concerned with how much water I'm displacing with such a large fixture and assume I would need to lessen my total fish count if losing X gallons. Just spent about an hour cleaning out the old Rena XP2 that came with the tank I found on CL (although it was used for salt, but I think it should be fine if I clean it up enough). Pretty decent; bought the tank/pine stand/T5 HO light/filter/books/heater/chemicals/powerhead and other accessories for $200, then found some light scratches in the tank am selling everything for $250 (make $50) AND keeping the filter and powerhead. Just found a brand new 75 gallon on sale today for $150. Can't wait to get the stand built and get this baby going.
You could go for like a 120g 4x2.

Back
Top Bottom