Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Stats Generator

What is it?

An application that I wrote that takes the statistics provided by your web enabled controller (AC Jr / 2 with AquaNotes, AC3/3Pro with ethernet, or Premium Aquatics LightHouse) and turns them into an image that you can use as a signature on your favorite reef keeping forum, emails, or even as an image on your web page.

How does it work?

A program on my server reaches out every five minutes to your controller and gathers data that you specify. Temperature, ph, ORP, device status- most any data that your controller displays on a web page- all of it can become part of your image. This data gets formatted in the way you want, either fancy or simple, and turned into an image.

How much does it cost?

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. There are no ads, no pop-ups, no tracking cookies, or fees. This was just something cool that I came up with because I'm a reef geek. If you feel guilty about using it for free, then renew your membership to your local reef club, send a donation to MASNA, or give a newbie a frag of something and help spread the responsible reef keeping ethic.

Okay, cool, how to I get started?

Register for an account at reefchat.org and once you're logged in, click 'Extras' then 'Signature Generator' from the top menu. Help is available from every screen, and I've even put up a HOWTO with screenshots. I'd appreciate feedback on how to make it better, too.

The controllers the application supports can grow, too. If you have another controller that has a web interface, and it's not listed here, I'd love to work with you to make it compatible.

Here are a few sigs that our users have..

*edit: Yes, Brent needs to calibrate his ph probe

Old 03-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Oh, I added a new feature.. since I'm grabbing everyone's stats, why not graph them?

Click mine to view my stats for today..

Old 06-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I added another new feature. You can get your stats in XML (for integration into your own web pages) as well.

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/Ashlar.xml
Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

*bump* I've added support for the new Neptune Apex, Profilux, and RKE with net module.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

*bump* I've added support for the new Profilux 3/ex controller, as well as specifying different fonts.

Tags
generator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com