Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beehpee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I've just done my weekly water change and added a piece of mopani driftwood to the tank, I've attached a picture just to show how it now all looks, my other half has just told me she doesn't like the way I've set things out but I think I've disturbed the fish enough for one day so bit of re scaping tomorrow maybe, anyway, you will notice at the front a white with black speckles stone, I've got a little cluster of them at the back as well, I had stones in there already before the clean out but they had become a little discoloured with algae so the ones in there now are spares I already had, so to finally get to the question, I've cleaned the stones that came out and to get them looking as good as new I used a mild (ish) bleach solution which brought them up lovely, I've given them a real good rinse and now have them soaking in a bucket of water for possible use at some point in the future, I doubt that I will want to use them for at least a couple of months, certainly not until the ones in there now become discoloured, so if I leave them soaking and do however many water changes in the meantime will the bleach have dissolved to a degree where they are re usable or should I just bin them now?

image-2569095411.jpg

No problem on the stones. What I do after cleaning with bleach is to rinse well, then soak in a bucket with an overdose of dechlorinator. You have no worries at all after that.

I also think the tank looks good! However, I can understand if she thinks something doesn't look quite right. I have sat and stared at a tank for hours wondering what exactly bothers me, and move one rock this way an inch or one piece of wood 2 inches to the left, and bingo! Problem solved, lol!

I will let her have a play around with moving stuff as I'm sure I will love it just as much and all makes for a quiet life lol, thanks for the advice re the stones, I will leave em in water for a week and then store them for the future.

BP

Back
Top Bottom