Stopping Filter noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys , I normally use a Canister Filter but that is a messing up on me. So I pulled out on my hang on filters , and the noise is just so too much for me to take. Does anyone have any suggestions on cutting down the noise .

Note I have turtles too so I can not put the water up to high, since they can claim out .

Hey guys , I normally use a Canister Filter but that is a messing up on me. So I pulled out on my hang on filters , and the noise is just so too much for me to take. Does anyone have any suggestions on cutting down the noise .

Note I have turtles too so I can not put the water up to high, since they can claim out .
Have you tried putting some Vaseline on the impella and the shaft???

What brand of filter? And what kind of noise is it the impeller or the waterfall sound

Honestly if you cannot fill it up all to the way to where the water level falls you're screwed. What do you mean by they "screwing up" on you. I had nothing but success with my can fluval 306

You can rig plastic sheeting and a push pin to make lots of small holes will change it from a waterfall to a rain sound had some luck with this with a tank in my bed room before

One thing that I have seen, not the prettiest solution but may work, is to use a hanger to lower the HOB lower into your tank and still attach to the tank wall

Back
Top Bottom