Storage for ro water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any ideas as to where I would be able to store anywhere from 20-50g of ro water. I don't mean like yea I can put it in a garbage can but like where I could store it that temperature wouldn't affect it too much. I don't have a garage so that's why I'm asking

Lol, sorry I also live in a single story home:(

And it wouldn't fit in my storage closest either

First off, why is it a big deal if temp affects it. Just wondering where your going with this.

Idk I just thought that you dont want to shock the fish putting water in that has a few degree temp difference

When I said I didn't want temp affecting it, I was referring to putting it outside, and I live in Miami fl so I t gets pretty hot

Antec said:
Idk I just thought that you dont want to shock the fish putting water in that has a few degree temp difference

When I said I didn't want temp affecting it, I was referring to putting it outside, and I live in Miami fl so I t gets pretty hot

If your topping off every day then temp will not change much if any. No one heats there ATO reservoirs in the winter and no ill effects. It would only become a concern as the water volume gets larger.

I'm sorry I should've clarified, this is not for top offs, this is for doing water changes

I'm sorry, I shouldve clarified, this is goin to be for water changes, not top offs

Antec said:
I'm sorry, I shouldve clarified, this is goin to be for water changes, not top offs

Ah ok i got the picture now lol. I would store somewhere in the house if at all possible. A closet would be good. If you need to store outside, keep a lid tight and out of direct sunlight in a very shaded area. Bout the only thing you can do.

If you have your own ro/di unit then i would just suggest making it when needed as fresh it will be cooler.

I have never had this problem sorry.

I live in Colorado and its pretty warm here. I leave mine in a brute can outside. When I do pwc I just fill my buckets, mix salt, wait 12-24 hrs and usually it's room temp. Winter I do the same. As long as its not frozen solid... Lol

Thanks, I actually hadn't thought of making it as I needed, but I'll probably go that route as their is no convenient place to put it in my house.

Back
Top Bottom