Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo
thats their old led systems, thats why they stopped selling them. the new design is better. and serious sps? i grew all types of sps with them?
Were they low light sps, all my sps other than regular montiporas and such lost their zooxanthellae and turned brown. When I switched back to t5 Ho all the zooxanthellae and color came right back. I have 3 of the panorama pros and am having similar led issues already. 1 bad led out of three units, not good already. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well for now I believe the LEDs are I guess new in a realitive since to this hobby. I will probably purchase a good T5 replacement fixture and if I upgrade my tank It can travel as supplemental to the new one. Since I already have the T5 lamps I think I should go that route. Not final yet but head going that way for sure.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepseadan

Were they low light sps, all my sps other than regular montiporas and such lost their zooxanthellae and turned brown. When I switched back to t5 Ho all the zooxanthellae and color came right back. I have 3 of the panorama pros and am having similar led issues already. 1 bad led out of three units, not good already. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
No they included montis, acros,and millis
Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Anyone familiar with USA Nova Extreme as a basic light.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have the Nova extreme pro and I like it. Hard not to with 12 bulbs lol
Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have the Nova extreme pro and I like it. Hard not to with 12 bulbs lol
12 lights LOL. I am looking for 2 bulbs to replace a falty add on on the used 29 I bought. I have 2 T5 actinic bulbs already and they are fine. My thought was also the 24 inch unit since if I go with a 55 gal long down the road 2 across would give me basic light and I can add a upscaled 48 later.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you end up going with a 55g you will probably want to get a 48" fixture, so much easier. lol But yeah, nova extreme makes some good lighting. I woudl recommend them.

Tags
led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com