Stunner Stips LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Eclipse hood with 2 T5 24 inch bulbs a guy added on but the goof didnt use a water resistant endcap fixture. This seems real dangerous and it has shorted which is how it caught my attention. I thought this product may be a good retrofit for the situation. The Eclipse standard light fixture is fine but inadequate by itself.

in that case. step up to panoramas. alot more light and for sure will keep a nem. stunners are more for adding color.

I have had good results with the panoramas (growing corals), but all in the sudden LEDs have started burning out. Don't know whats going on, but kind of disturbing. Don't buy if you ever have plan to be a serious sps person. In talks with ecoxotic warranty service as we speak.

thats their old led systems, thats why they stopped selling them. the new design is better. and serious sps? i grew all types of sps with them?

ilostnemo said:
thats their old led systems, thats why they stopped selling them. the new design is better. and serious sps? i grew all types of sps with them?

Were they low light sps, all my sps other than regular montiporas and such lost their zooxanthellae and turned brown. When I switched back to t5 Ho all the zooxanthellae and color came right back. I have 3 of the panorama pros and am having similar led issues already. 1 bad led out of three units, not good already. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Well for now I believe the LEDs are I guess new in a realitive since to this hobby. I will probably purchase a good T5 replacement fixture and if I upgrade my tank It can travel as supplemental to the new one. Since I already have the T5 lamps I think I should go that route. Not final yet but head going that way for sure.

deepseadan said:
Were they low light sps, all my sps other than regular montiporas and such lost their zooxanthellae and turned brown. When I switched back to t5 Ho all the zooxanthellae and color came right back. I have 3 of the panorama pros and am having similar led issues already. 1 bad led out of three units, not good already. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
No they included montis, acros,and millis

I have the Nova extreme pro and I like it. :) Hard not to with 12 bulbs lol

12 lights LOL. I am looking for 2 bulbs to replace a falty add on on the used 29 I bought. I have 2 T5 actinic bulbs already and they are fine. My thought was also the 24 inch unit since if I go with a 55 gal long down the road 2 across would give me basic light and I can add a upscaled 48 later.

If you end up going with a 55g you will probably want to get a 48" fixture, so much easier. lol But yeah, nova extreme makes some good lighting. I woudl recommend them.
:-D

Back
Top Bottom