Stupid Thermometer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Jam-is-on

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought the cheap little submersible thermometer, you know the one with the little suction cup, and it will NOT stay fixed to the glass!

Does anyone/everyone else have this problem? Any fixes? Or should I just cough up more than $2 and get a better one?

I've never tried using those, but i'd say the quickest fix would be to just spend the $4 - $5 and get one of those liquid crystal stick-on ones. They're fairly accurate and you don't have to worry about them breaking or hurting anything in the tank.

Haha, I have that problem too. What I ended up doing is just placing it in the corner of a tank - It kinda stuck itself in a corner. If you have curious fish though, good luck.

Another thing ive found - Scrape the glass REALLY CLEAN before putting it on. A bit of algae seems to make the seal break in a day or two. super clean glass works, with as little water in the suction cup as possible (so push it down hard)

Haha! I actually thought about that in frustration! It seems awfully permanent though, and I have commitment issues...

i miss our old one we had that hung from the top of the tank..somehow someone around here broke it..i dont glue mine..thankfully it stays (for now) i use it to get the correct temp when filling up the tank..so if i did glue i'd be scraping off more then i'd want too...i do have a tank with the stuck on thermometer..that i wish i didnt..i prefer the real ones...so i can see exactly where..and the whole commitment of having it on there...like a sticker..

Yeah I have a sticker too but I'm not a fan! I just want the little guy to stay stuck down near the bottom and thats it! I think it does it just to mess with me!

Back
Top Bottom