Submersible Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am in search of a MINI subermersible filter. (it is actually for one of my frogs). i saw a couple out there but I was wondering if anybody had any expereince with any of them.

What I need is a small one less then 10 gallons of water, adjustable flow rates (need it to be slow) and a good one.

Any advice would be great, Thanks

Christina

There's small fluval submersible filter, I have no experience with them, but if they're made by hagen they should be good. Another option is a sponge filter (its a palladium right)

Edit: Here's the one I was talking about
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22429;category_id=1717

Edit #2: I re-read your post and it looks like this one will be too powerful. I dont think they make underwater filters smaller than that though. A sponge filter would serve that purpose though, and it creates almost no current.

Depending on how much water you have...Penn-Plax makes the "Small World" filter that is for less than 2 gallons of water.

If you have something larger, Whisper makes a Internal 2-5 gal, or I think now it is 2-10 gallon. I have for my 5 gal betta tank, and the flow rate is adjustable.

If not, many places sell low-level water specific filters...made for just a few inches. Check your lfs, or online for turtle or reptile filters, instead of aquarium filters.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom