Submersible heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePoopGUNZ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

Currently I have a 6 gal cylinder style tank. I purchased a heater but the problem is there isn't enough clearance between the tank lid and the water to place the heater. It is not meant to be submerged past a certain point and I've already put it in way past the point where I'm comfortable (electrocution is lame bro). There is also no opening in the tank lid where the non submerged part of the heater could stick out of.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue and how they solved it. Are there reliable submersible heaters I should look at? Any DIY workaround anyone has come up with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a slightly similar issue with a heater in my 15g. I like to have my heaters, vertical submerged and 'tucked' away in the corner. You should have a look at some heaters for nano tanks. Fluval make a nice black nano heater....

I have a slightly similar issue with a heater in my 15g. I like to have my heaters, vertical submerged and 'tucked' away in the corner. You should have a look at some heaters for nano tanks. Fluval make a nice black nano heater....

I'll look into those nano heaters, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom