Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That would actually be a great idea... I work with computers so a few fans wouldn't be hard to come by. Excellent! Thanks guys!

Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am having trouble keeping my bioCUBE 14 cool and can't figure out where the heat is coming from
My target temperature is 79° and was stable there all winter
Now that it is getting warmer outside and we are not getting excessive heat pumped up 24x7 the tank is running around 82° which is warmer than the ambient air
After turning the heater down a couple of clicks didn't do anything I just unplugged it but still no change
I remembered the UV sterilizer that probably isn't producing UV any more so unplugged that
The only other heat source I can find is the submersible water pump whack I can't do anything about
I only turn the tank lights on in the evening
The tank sits right in front of my window air conditioner so will receive some cooling from it once it gets hot enough here to put up with it's racket

A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible.
Welsh Proverb
kc2ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Sounds like the tank is on an outside wall, which is probably contributing to your problem. Careful with the ac, with it kicking on and off, you could get temp swings which would be bad.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, tried the fan... Came home to an 83 degree tank yesterday. I was not thrilled...

I removed the glass canopy and used the fixture mounts to mount it over the top of the tank. Less heat will bleed into the water this way... So far it looks like the temp is going back down.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The temps have been stable at 76 for the past few days. Seems pretty good to me! No jumpers either, although evaporation has become a bit of an issue. Nothing more water can't fix though.

Thanks for everything guys!

Tags
submersible

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com