Such a thing as too many airstones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brizo

Aquarium Advice Activist
On a air pump rate for up too 60 gallons using 2 12 inch air stones on a 55 long. Is this maybe too much? Would it effect my fish?

image-604254615.jpg

I think you are fine. You just want to make sure that the fish have breathing space away from the bubbles because i dont think fish will survive if every cubic inch of water is saturated with bubbles. A bubble wall is perfectly fine.

image-3073144035.jpg

That seems too be enough. My fish keep swimming through it and my polleni like attacks the bubbles it's entertaining.

That's a good idea but I've also heard its not a good idea to restrict the air flow in any kind of way?

It has 2 outlets but I made a line so that they both can feed too one line. I think I may use that or one airstone 2 seems like too much

It has 2 outlets but I made a line so that they both can feed too one line. I think I may use that or one airstone 2 seems like too much
Well if you go back to the two lines, feed them into the 4gang valve, one line each end. Then if you need to reduce the power going to the airstone, simply open one of the valves that is not being used. Like a pressure release, this way the pump is not being restricted. Hope this makes sense and is just an option you could look at. Worked for me at the time....

Back
Top Bottom