Suction cup help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollex.jaypee

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my suction cups slide down to the bottom of my aquarium.
I don't know why, maybe it is because the pump is too heavy for them or that the suction cups are weak.
The "sliding down" don't happen in a second. In the first hours, everything will be normal. Then suddenly I visit my aquarium (after 5 hours or so), and the pump has gone down a bit. So what should I do? thank you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_7106.jpg
    IMG_7106.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7107.jpg
    IMG_7107.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 112
Usually when I have that problem it is because the back of the cup has developed a slime coat removing this resolves the problem. You could also remove the four small cups in favor of two larger ones.

+1 Huro
I use suction cups for so many things and slime is the culprit.
As a side note, if you need/want suction cups, visit Dollar Tree. They have awesome clear cups in a 9 pack! They have two kinds, the usual ones with metal hooks, pass on those. The good ones have a plastic hook. Slide the plastic hook out, toss it, and you have 9 great cups with holes already in them for a buck.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 77
when suction cups loose there grip, remove them and put them in a cup of boiling water for 5 mins. they come out as good as new.

Back
Top Bottom