Suggested Timer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For T5 lights I would prefer using the cheap rotary timers available at Home Depot. One for each so you need 3 to stagger your settings. The problem with digital timers is that the time resets to default and your settings are lost whenever there is a momentary power interruption.

So I would need 3 timers? There are only 2 plugs, they control the 4 bulbs. That's my issue.

But how will that control the 3 different times? I'm sorry. I'm just so confused.

It has 3 total, but I'm only interested in using two. That's why I said White + White, and Blue + White. Those are the two plugs I'm interested in getting to function. The 3rd plug is for led moonlights, but I'm not going to pay more just for them. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Then you only need 2 timers but later on I'm sure you will change your mind and realize you need the moonlit led. The rotary timer has multiple ON & OFF so you have a lot of choices.

Yeah I do enjoy watching the tank with the moonlight. It's just I'm trying to establish the light situation now because I'm leaving for 7 days during Christmas.

I have the coralife I think it was 40 bucks it's not the digital but it work fine blues come on first then whites then back to blues then LEDs it's one of the doubles with a timer at both ends

This is the one I purchased, I feel as though it should work the way I want. But I can't get it to!

image-1943115023.jpg

Maybe my gf can solve it. I don't have the patience !

Hopefully, she's seasoning a turkey and I'm studying criminal law. But the only thing on my mind is the lights!!!! Agh gggg!!!!

Hopefully, she's seasoning a turkey and I'm studying criminal law. But the only thing on my mind is the lights!!!! Agh gggg!!!!

In a quiet moment, sit down with the instructions and plug a desk lamp into it to play with it and get it setup right. Do it before eating the turkey, or you might sleep thru thanksgiving!

I see you can grab a digital one now for only 22$. I might have to give it a try

Back
Top Bottom