Suggestions for in-sump protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aravindk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any recommendations for an in-sump protein skimmer?

Also I am curious: If the protein skimmer is going to be in the sump, why do I need a pump that comes along with it?

aravindk said:
Any recommendations for an in-sump protein skimmer?

It seems like most people here suggest the AquaC EV series. They're expensive but everyone says you get what you pay for with protein skimmers. I think there's also an AquaC earlier in sump model called the Urchin that's supposed to be comparable to their Remora hang on back skimmer. Some have also said that the Corallife Super Skimmer is a very good skimmer for the money. I think it works as either a hang on or in sump...

aravindk said:
Also I am curious: If the protein skimmer is going to be in the sump, why do I need a pump that comes along with it?

To move water and air through it, silly... :wink:

yeah, just plain silly.

To quote Socrates: 'I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance'.

I would agree the ASM series is a great skimmer. I am pretty happy with my Reef Devil Deluxe model. What I like about it is it comes with a fitting built on the cup with tubing that dumps into a 1 gallon milk carton, so I don't have to empty it out as frequently. Makes things easy when you have to travel. ;)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom