suitable sump? (diagrams)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silent Night

Aquarium Advice Regular
(build thread coming soon!)

ok, so im in the process of ordering materials. a LFS has given me a sweet deal on a custom tank, and will also throw in a custom sump for a bargain price.

im goin with a wet/dry system for a 120uk/gal. i think the sump works out to about 35 uk/gal (L=30 x H=18 x W=15).

please, check the design for any obvious design flaws (i tried to keep it simple really!).
2hqwht1.jpg

2cn8f9y.jpg

i only really need it to accommodate a skimmer & heater, and obvs filter media.

as shown in image one:
1=16" t2b
2=09" b2t
3=09" b2t

your thoughts?
as always, thanks in advance! :)

Why a wet/dry over a sump/fuge?

I'd probably raise the height of the chamber walls to allow for more water volume, and add another trap to keep microbubbles out of the return section.

im going with the wet/dry because the LFS have offered to provide all of the required materials free of charge, so i thought it would suffice for now..

rgr that. thanks for the quick reply, neilan!

I take it your first section is the left? i would remove the baffles just for the section after your skimmer or before your return pump,there's no point having baffles anywhere else.can you let us know what is going where? Personally I wouldn't go with wet/dry this could be a nice little sump you would only need to buy LS and chaetomorpha for it,and looking at the size 2 bags of cariba-sea at £20 each would be plenty.Bio balls are a nitrate haven

Mine is exactly like your first diagram . Except 3 is 5mm lower than 2 . Dont know what difference that would make though . Also 2 and 3 are 10.5 ish inches

Mine is exactly like your first diagram . Except 3 is 5mm lower than 2 . Dont know what difference that would make though . Also 2 and 3 are 10.5 ish inches
do you mean your first baffle is lower than your second,if so its done the other way to stop micro bubbles from entering the next section!

Sorry ducati didn't see numbers on first thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom