Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/livestock/product_info.php?id=683

Ok I know I keep buggin you guys about opinions lol... bear with me.

Anyone have an opinion on this item? Work good/bad, overly expensive, etc...

The all-in-one-ness of it appeals to me, as usually I would look at that price, scoff, and go "I can build my own for 1/2 that" but its becoming a realization of mine that while yes, I could probably build a similar product myself that would (eventually) work just as good, they always end up turning out totally ghetto (look at my sump for my 29 gal in my show-off thread). Since theres so much contained in this product, i'm willing to pay just to have it work right .

I see nothing worth $500+ IMO. Money would be much better spent on DIY and a quality skimmer. (yes I saw it came with a skimmer) Which size were you looking at?

Good lord.....Dude..I'll build you an amazing setup for half that...send me a check....

I'm with Tecwzrd...I don't see that thing being worth $1059.95. That is rediculous...an acrylic box with an ASM G3 and some bio balls...The G3 you could buy on ebay for $300 put that with a 55g tank for about $100 and a couple pieces of acrylic for dividers and you ahve the same thing for less then half the price....

EDIT.....

I'll build it for you and I won't make it look ghetto....LOL Seriously...if you want to spend the money that is your business of course but that is just a rediculous price for what it is.....

I dont want to spend the money, thats just it lol.

But to that end, I dont want to buy parts, screw it up, end up spending more money on upgrades or just generally getting it right, and then end up spending what i woulda in the 1st place, except im left with a ghetto POS.

I dunno lol... with something like this I'm just worried that whatever I get I wont be satisfied with, because right now I'm kind of in the dark about them (as I dont really have any way to see one in action until I own one myself)... once I buy it and get it up and running, then Ill know what I really want, but by then ill be stuck with what I got in the 1st place just because its so expensive.

If your serious about building me one im up for listening lol.

I dunno lol... with something like this I'm just worried that whatever I get I wont be satisfied with, because right now I'm kind of in the dark about them (as I dont really have any way to see one in action until I own one myself
I was in the same position when I made my sump/refugium. It's not so bad if your interested in DIY. Here is a great site, there is a ton of info on different sumps, etc.
http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html

Back
Top Bottom