SUMP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
im thinking of getting a sump to get the skimmers, heater, canister filters, & oxygen pump out of view but dont know what type to get... my tank is 75 gal. & its not drilled... can anybody help me?.. thanks

You`ll need to get a HOB overflow and put a 20 or 29 gallon tank under your tank in the stand. You`ll also need a pump to return the water back up to the main. Do a search on this site on sumps and you should get some good DIY ideas.

ah... found it... thanks.. im afraid to do DIY because of possibility of a flood

so what happens when they return pump is stronger or weaker than the overflow?... isn't it almost impossible to have it matched of same gph?

but wouldn't the sump overflow if its stronger?.. also how do u use the valve to make the return pump weaker.. TIA

mike3epanda said:
so what happens when they return pump is stronger or weaker than the overflow?... isn't it almost impossible to have it matched of same gph?

I ran a pipe from the return line back into the sump in case the pump was stronger was too powerful. This way I can control the flow back into the main without harming the pump.

so how does that work?... wouldnt most of water just go back?.... and it would harm the pump if it ran out of water to quick?... sorry for too much questions

Back
Top Bottom