Sump Design! Needs approval or modifications before I build please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Freshwater sump, 20 gallon for 75 gal.

1 square = 1 inch

wR7wYeO.jpg

Is this intended to be a wet dry trickle system or a basic system ...cause water level might be an issue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wet dry with drip plate... water level as in overflow due to power loss?

I mean if u set you water level in your sump to run at half the tank (if to low it will pull air) the water when it enters the trickle plate it will not get that "rain effect"

Unless ypu intend for the bio balls to be submerged. If so then its a good design . If u want the water to rain over the balls you may have to get a deep tank and have the bio balls over the running water level

Well once it covers the pump while running u will be safe. All the other sections will be at there level no matter. Jes make sure your pump is covered properly . Your design is gd.

If I wanted the trickle effect on the bio balls what baffle do I need to lower in order to lower the water level below the bio balls?

This is hoe my sum is designed where the bioballs arein a tricle system

Attachments

• 1407469408980.jpg
    1407469408980.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 131
U would have to use a taller sump tank so the bio balls can be set over the bio balls

U can lower the baffle after your bio balls chamber but it has to be little higer than your pump

Ok after looking at it for a bit I figured that might help. If I lowered both baffles of the area for plants 1 inch that would give me at least a few inches of wet/dry bioballs correct?

Yup it will ... once water will cover your pump intake u can lower it. That will build alot stronger bacteria growth and it works great

Ok great. Thanks for the advice that cleared a lot up for me. I will post updates on my build once I get everything for it.

Your welcome . Waiting to see pics . Btw how much bioballs u gona use?

That should be enough cause i think its like 1 gallon of bio balls to 40 gallons of water of sumthing so . Not sure but im sure u are putting enough. Plus bacteria will only build to the amt of waste being produced. So your going gd :)

What would I use to set things on that I wouldn't need to clean? Such as my pump or eggcrate.

All u would need to clean is your sponge . Leave the bio balls. Dey are your biological media

Back
Top Bottom