Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sump for 90gallon

Hello, I am upgrading my 29 Biocube to my 90 gallon on account of my freshwater fish I had for four years passed away last evening. Anyways, I am looking to make a sump for my 90 gallon tank. I've had a 65 gallon saltwater a few years back and it was SO LOUD, I must have done something wrong. I am getting the tank drilled Monday with 3/4" bulkheads. Can someone please provide a site or step by step in how to do the plumbing for the sump? I used PVC pipe on my old tank, and I am thinking that perhaps silicone tubing would be a better choice because of its flexibility? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have the sump all set up mid week.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to robertfah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Hello, I am upgrading my 29 Biocube to my 90 gallon on account of my freshwater fish I had for four years passed away last evening. Anyways, I am looking to make a sump for my 90 gallon tank. I've had a 65 gallon saltwater a few years back and it was SO LOUD, I must have done something wrong. I am getting the tank drilled Monday with 3/4" bulkheads. Can someone please provide a site or step by step in how to do the plumbing for the sump? I used PVC pipe on my old tank, and I am thinking that perhaps silicone tubing would be a better choice because of its flexibility? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have the sump all set up mid week.
I built a 55g designed around his site's Model L sump. It just seem to be perfect for the sump and everything I needed it to hold. It's a great site and he's very informative with his builds.

Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums

Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide....post some pics too!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com