Sump Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
These are some ruff sketches of what I think I am going to put together for my sump. I've never done this, SO ALL OPINIONS AND ADVICE IS NEEDED! Let me know what you think is good or bad. Thanks guys!

Need to ask any questions let me know!

Attachments

• image-2096200716.jpg
    image-2096200716.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1107674671.jpg
    image-1107674671.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 118
Andrew McFadden said:
A,b and c is really not needed but it will be fine if you still do it. Looks good to me ;)

So the water just running through floss/sponge, bio balls and back into the tank is enough filtration? What removes the ammonia and nitrates? Just good ol' water changes?

cichlid_tank619 said:
So the water just running through floss/sponge, bio balls and back into the tank is enough filtration? What removes the ammonia and nitrates? Just good ol' water changes?

The bacterias in the bio balls and in the substrate will remove the ammonia.

ejaramillo01 said:
The bacterias in the bio balls and in the substrate will remove the ammonia.

So from my pics I should be ok in your opinion? I'm only using the seachem products in ABC because I already use them in my fluval 405. Keeps it clean!

cichlid_tank619 said:
So from my pics I should be ok in your opinion? I'm only using the seachem products in ABC because I already use them in my fluval 405. Keeps it clean!

As mentioned by Andrew, yes you should be fine, if you are using A,B,C already, it is up to you to keep it, it is not going to hurt.

Looks good to me

cichlid_tank619 said:

That's fine if you still want to use it, it won't hurt a thing.

Last edited:
Also looks like your using a siphon style suction for your overflow. Check out gl*******s.com they've got good kits. I personally like them better. But that's just my opinion. And there a lot of DIY videos on you tube to set up the glass hole kit.

UARUJOEY on YouTube is great at making all things Fishkeeping ? Would advise anyone to check his videos out ;-)

Rlavassor86 said:
Also looks like your using a siphon style suction for your overflow. Check out gl*******s.com they've got good kits. I personally like them better. But that's just my opinion. And there a lot of DIY videos on you tube to set up the glass hole kit.

You referring to "glasscages.com"?

Dean jones said:
UARUJOEY on YouTube is great at making all things Fishkeeping ? Would advise anyone to check his videos out ;-)

Thanks a lot form the heads up on this dude! I actually watched the stand build he did a while back and am now going to use his over flow systems! I'm stoked! If it wasn't 1130 at night I would so be at Home Depot buying the PVC!! Thanks a lot. I always get the best hook ups on the forum!

Back
Top Bottom