Sump / HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry for the stupid question coming up but I know nothing about sump tanks and really keen to understand them further. Any one got some good reading tips?

1. Does a sump tank have to be connected to the war mains?
2. I'm about to set up a 180-200L tank, I don't think I need a sump so what would you recommend for a good HOB filter? If at all I'd be happy buying a filter that would handle a tank twice the size.

Thanks

Lots of people like, and use the Aqua Clear HOB filters. The come in many sizes. Might look into a canister filter also, sorta like a closed system sump (y)

foster53 said:
Lots of people like, and use the Aqua Clear HOB filters. The come in many sizes. Might look into a canister filter also, sorta like a closed system sump (y)

Closed sump system?

Just my take on large caniter filters.LOL Container to circulate water from tank, over or through media, then returned to tank via hose from a pump of sorts.
Same concept as a sump except not exposed to air, and can't flood if return pump fails:lol:

Back
Top Bottom