Sump price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much would it be to make from scratch?

I came across this on gumtree (Australian equivalent of CL). It's an hours drive away but I'm willing if this would be deemed a good deal. I've been planning a canister for my 37gal but this would be a third of the price.

Another question, are sumps noisy?

Attachments

• image-231064404.jpg
    image-231064404.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 69
Is this for a salt water tank? You can always buy an empty tank and just glue in glass or acrylic dividers. :) Much cheaper and you can make each chamber to your needs.

The only noise you will hear might be some water, depending on how your water level in the sump is and from what height the water is falling through the chambers. Most noise comes from hang on overflows which can produce a whistling noise if not tuned correctly.

Is this for a salt water tank? You can always buy an empty tank and just glue in glass or acrylic dividers. :) Much cheaper and you can make each chamber to your needs.

The only noise you will hear might be some water, depending on how your water level in the sump is and from what height the water is falling through the chambers. Most noise comes from hang on overflows which can produce a whistling noise if not tuned correctly.

Ah sorry, freshwater. I do understand that sumps are relatively pointless for FW, I'm just interested in the idea of it and its potential use for shrimp or grow out for plants as a sort of fuge

Another note, the tank it's going on isnt drilled and I'd use HOB outflow/return.

I'm gonna have to look at what price empty tanks go for locally, because I don't feel like I could get an empty 10 gallon any cheaper than that. Australia sucks

30$ is a great deal for that sump... the pump alone probably costs the 30 price you are posting fir the entire thing. the bio balls are quite expensive also.

Back
Top Bottom