Sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting a 10 gallon sump/fuge and was wondering I could use 1/8 inch thick glass for baffles.

I'm using the king of DIY's overflow which is 220 gph. Which return pump should I use. For glass I'm going to use glass cages. Thanks for the help.

I'd use the quarter also, I've made things from acrylic in eighth inch up to half inch thickness... The quarter is by far the easiest to work with in my experience

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The pump needs to be matched to the input and the vertical lift it needs to push. Personally, I buy a much larger pump than I need, and use a good ball valve to dial it in to what I want it to pump out.

So if the sump is on the floor and the water line is about 50" above the sump, how many gph should it be?

Are we looking at a submersible pump?

The Mag drive pumps are decent, the model 950 will push about 700 gph at around fifty inches up, the model 12 will do just over a thousand I believe

I like the Mag drives, been running one for quite a while now with no problems

Not really sure to be honest... Might be worth a look at Amazon or brs. Eshopps. Might have something also

Back
Top Bottom