Sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemphotos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am starting a new tank and a friend of mine gave me a wet dry sump only thing it's an 180g sump and my tank is only a 55g how effective will the sump work for my tank, or will I have to get a larger tank ex 145g, or bigger for it? Here is a picture of it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400732288.679160.jpg

I would take the sump stuff out if possible and make it your display tank. Then turn your current tank into the sump.

How can I take out the glass without damaging the tank? And I wonder why I didn't think of that.

You could just get a bigger tank. A 180 gallon with a 180 sump would be nice :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

General rule for sump is the bigger the better. It's ok to have an oversized sump. It will add to the overall water volume and help with keep parameters from swinging very much.

Wet dry is normally not used in saltwater however so to will need too figure out how to use that sump or modify it.

I'm looking for at least a 140g right now. I'm not going to keep it wet/dry, I'm going to out a protein skimmer in it, a refugium with a led light.

Back
Top Bottom