sump questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjamontan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I set up my sump last night. Seems to be working well but I added 20lb of sand and it is moving. So the problem is, when I added the sand I leveled it off and now it is about 6" high on one end and nothing one the other. She flow over the baffel has made this happen. Now I am noticing that there is more and more sand entering the return section. I don't know that to do about all of this. My battery is to low on my phone to take a photo, I will take some as soon as I get it charged

Ok so I may have bigger problems with this now that I look further at my tank. I am seeing that there is sand going back in to my DT and is a thin layer over lots of my rock. Did I mess up so bad that I am going to need to shut everything off and remove the sand? If so I am going to be angry at myself for not knowing what I was doing.

You might want to use a bigger and heavier sand particle. Sounds like your sand is too lite. How many areas are in this sump? What size tank is the sump? How high are the partition walls?

30 gallon sump, three chambers first one is skimmer and water in. Second one is where the sand is third is heater and pump. Partitions are from 11" to 12 " where they overflow.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120114_053943.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120114_053943.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20120114_054001.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120114_054001.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom