sump/refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
can anyone reccommend a good sump/refugium system for a 20 gal tank??? im not familiar with any of this, so any info would be greatly apprieciated!!!!!!! (need step by step, or diy please)

well i just happen to have 2 empty 10 gallons laying around :p . this may be a silly question, but what is used to push the water? powerheads? i have 2 in there, so what do i use to hook them, pvc??

yes, thanks for the site, i think ive got it now.... :wink: do i cycle the water in the sump?? and do i add the plants before or after the cycle?? my powerheads are pretty small, so im guessing they wouldnt be able to push anything upwards, but im just goin to get a submersable pump next payday.....

What size tank are you hooking this too? How do you plan on getting the water from the tank into the sump? Do some more homework before you buy any pumps because you need to match your overflow GPH. There easy to set up but if not done right you cna have floods and headaches...

its a 20, and i plan on using an overflow box. im not sure how to match the gph, but the site mentioned above has a calculator and he explains it, so hopefully ill get it soon.

can anyone tell me which pump would be good for a 60 gph overflow box?? i just dont seem to get it. its 20 gal fowlr, and a 10 gal sump tank.

vsnsofadrgn said:
can anyone tell me which pump would be good for a 60 gph overflow box?? i just dont seem to get it. its 20 gal fowlr, and a 10 gal sump tank.

Do you mean a '600' gph overflow box?

Back
Top Bottom