Sump? Skimmer? For 120g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile. I just got my hands on a 120g tank and stand. I'm making a 40g breeder into a sump. What is the recommended minimum and maximum for protein skimmer and return pump?

This will eventually replace my 55g reef tank.

Thanks!

That all depends on the gallons per hour that will be going into the sump. You get a return pump rated higher than the GPH going down and use a ball or gate valve plumbed after the return pump to ensure they both match.
As for the skimmer, there are tons of them out there and would more depend on your budget on what exactly you are looking for...BRS has a really nice video on skimmers you could watch.

That all depends on the gallons per hour that will be going into the sump. You get a return pump rated higher than the GPH going down and use a ball or gate valve plumbed after the return pump to ensure they both match.
As for the skimmer, there are tons of them out there and would more depend on your budget on what exactly you are looking for...BRS has a really nice video on skimmers you could watch.

Thanks Sniper!

Back
Top Bottom