Sumps and Pumps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend this one and very reliable. You can then apply your idea of making sure none of the tanks will overflow when power is lost. I have ato controller in my DT to stop the pump from overflowing when HOB overflow is clogged up. I have it in my 60 gal tank and i never had a problem.

CPR CS Overflow Boxes

Seems pretty bullet proof to me. Did you link the correct size or was that just in general?

This is a little pricey but it uses your return pump flow to start the siphon when the flow starts.

So when power go out and of the siphon breaks, it will start siphoning again when the pump starts.

I don't know how well it works but a friend of mine was considering this at one time

http://www.fragtasticreef.com/Tom-A...er-Overflow-Box-Toms-Aquatic-HOB-Overflow.htm

Seems like you and Jeff linked the same type of overflow. This one is less expensive though, thanks.

The brand is tetra. Unfortunately all panels are tempered. When the tanks used to be Aqueons only the bottom was tempered on the 55. The CPRs look like a perfectly valid choice. Might set me back on Tao panels, but eh I think a sumps benefits outweigh a couple of weeks wait.

Is there anything wrong with running an intake pipe over the top? Wouldn't the siphon stop once the water level got to the bottom of the intake?

Back
Top Bottom