Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Sundial T5HO LED Problems

So the other day i got everything i will be needing to construct a frag tank addon to my 90 gallon. Included in that is a 36" Sundial T5HO light fixture. There are 3 switches on the back 1 white, 1 actintic, 1 LED. When i hit the LED one nothing happens? At first i thought it was defective but then read something about them only activating at night or when your timers arent running. Does anyone have this fixture that can help me out? if not i may need to return it soon!

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

From the descripton at MarineDepot "Each unit also includes photocell-controlled Lunar Lights with interchangeable color lenses for automatic nighttime viewing,"

Find the photocell and cover it, or darken the room. You should then see the LEDs light up. Very nice feature!

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

yea i had them in the dark last night but nothing happened, so i decided to set the timers for the main lights to see if it matters. They were on for 30 min and when they went off about 30 seconds later the LEDs kicked in. I guess the timers must be runnig for them to recognize they should be on. Dunno, wel thanks anyway!
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

You guessed right, but if you RTFM (Read The F'ine' Manual) you would have found
"The timers may need to be rotated or turned on manually for the lights to become operational. The Lunar Lights will not be viewable until the room is dark or if the photo-cell (located on the reflector surface under 1 T-5 lamp) is blocked"

It looks like a really nice fixture. Please let us know (with pictures) how it looks when the tank is done.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, t5ho

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com