Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
sunsun hw-303b tray question

i just purchased a sunsun hw-303b canister filter and while im waiting for shipping i was going to start getting my media together.

i wanted to build a 3 part foam filter for the bottom tray and i was curious of the depth of the trays in this filter.

id be interested in other tray depth dimensions to get an idea.

as for bio media i liked the pondguru guy on youtube suggestion for the very porus cat turd looking ceramic media but im not spending a more money on shipping than what the product is worth since its only available in the UK.

so im thinking about going around to various hydroponics stores in my area for ceramic media. also considering pumice stone.

anyone have suggestions for media?

Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That filter is a generic copy of my filter, the TetraTec EX models. Great choice, excellent filter. This is how I have mine set-up. Although I am maxed on my stock and my filter is rated for a 250ltr tank, mine's a 200ltr, I have crystal clear water. Mine has 4 trays and is set-up like this, starting from the bottom up;
Course then Medium sponge, in the same tray.
FULL tray of Seachem Matrix(bio-media).
Another full tray of Matrix.
A fine sponge, topped with Filter Floss.
Finally on top of that(same tray), 2 100ml bags of Seachem Purigen.
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com