sunsun hw-303b tray question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leoffensive

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just purchased a sunsun hw-303b canister filter and while im waiting for shipping i was going to start getting my media together.

i wanted to build a 3 part foam filter for the bottom tray and i was curious of the depth of the trays in this filter.

id be interested in other tray depth dimensions to get an idea.

as for bio media i liked the pondguru guy on youtube suggestion for the very porus cat turd looking ceramic media but im not spending a more money on shipping than what the product is worth since its only available in the UK.

so im thinking about going around to various hydroponics stores in my area for ceramic media. also considering pumice stone.

anyone have suggestions for media?

That filter is a generic copy of my filter, the TetraTec EX models. Great choice, excellent filter. This is how I have mine set-up. Although I am maxed on my stock and my filter is rated for a 250ltr tank, mine's a 200ltr, I have crystal clear water. Mine has 4 trays and is set-up like this, starting from the bottom up;
Course then Medium sponge, in the same tray.
FULL tray of Seachem Matrix(bio-media).
Another full tray of Matrix.
A fine sponge, topped with Filter Floss.
Finally on top of that(same tray), 2 100ml bags of Seachem Purigen.

Back
Top Bottom