T-5 Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Promisedsin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a 20H tank set up off Craig's List and it came with a Coral Life T-5 fixture. It has two bulbs in it and i'm having trouble finding T-5 lights. I can only find T-5 HO bulbs. Would those work in the fixture or no?

Also which bulb combination would be best for a freshwater planted tank?

No, they would not. Coralife made its bulbs special. You want 2x 6500k bulbs or one 6500k and one 10000k/14k (for less light and more blue). The two bulb fixture for coralife is 65watts right? If so, you will need CO2 for plants. Look for the coralife brand bulbs. Those are the only kind I can think of that's compatible.

No, they would not. Coralife made its bulbs special.
I disagree. There is nothing "special" about Coralife T5 bulbs. If the fixture isn't T5HO, you can go to HD or Lowes and buy regular output T5 bulbs. They do carry them in 65k daylight.

+1 for ccCapt. Regular T5 bulbs work in all Coralife fixtures except the 30" and that's only because no one else makes a 30" bulb.

I remember looking at a coralife fixture at my LFS and seeing that the bases on their T5 fixtures being different from the other T5s. But I guess I was wrong or that fixture was modified or something...

Back
Top Bottom