T-5 light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ndmartin0120

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know what kind of ballast a 30" aquaticlife 4 bulb uses? The bulbs are 24" long the actinic bulbs wont come on and after switching whites over they wont turn on either so figure it has to be ballast. Also where is the best place to buy one? I wanted to pick one up on way home I haven't taken fixture apart yet

Call the company they would be the best people to help you or look at the directions see if there are schematics of the fixture.

Are you sure it's the ballast? Does it smell? A bad or burnt out ballast sometimes will give off a very distinct odor of electrical burning. It may also by discolored.

I think starting with the company would be the best place to start. They probably offer up replacement parts also. Then see what ballast (of that's the issue) they recommend and see if you can get it elsewhere.

Good luck.

http://www.aquaticlife.com/

I have an aquatic life fixture, and if you can ID the fixture from the site, they have parts breakdowns and you can order the part directly from them. Have you tried resetting the fixture yet?

Rutrag said:
I have an aquatic life fixture, and if you can ID the fixture from the site, they have parts breakdowns and you can order the part directly from them. Have you tried resetting the fixture yet?

No I may try that that's a good idea

Back
Top Bottom