T-5 / tube LED bulbs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Are the E5 lamps an LED or bulb? They look tempting. For the others - I guess it would depend on wavelengths they put out. I had thought bulbs had more "spread" in spectrum whereas LEDs can be very specific - so LEDs are really well designed or maybe not. Idk - testing on spectrum spread with that PAR meter I had never picked up anything (but I keep the bulbs going just in case...)

Really not much info about them.

They are LED in a tube with the T-5 ends to fit the T-5 hood of so many "out-dated" units.

Was wondering because one wonders about these things if there are older nice condition tanks going for a fraction of new price. But SW lighting is often crazy expensive for what seems like the same thing as a $20 bulb.

Reason to search for whether there was anyone who ever had experience with these to share and also to let people know such an odd thing, maybe even really useful thing, exists.

Other than fitting in the old slots and lighting if any good for FW or SW keeping.

Can't see why not for planted. Maybe some wasted light. Lights for hydroponics maybe might be closest here (as that is more common than planted tanks) and then some white light at front to blend it all.

Back
Top Bottom