t5 bulb mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonedogz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone I'm thinking of changing the bulbs in my t5 fixture from the bulbs it came with to a higher grade of bulb like ati or uv. Its a 4 bulb setup and was looking for some ideas on a good mix of bulbs. Thanks for any assistance

According to his "My Tanks",this would be on a FOWLR.

If that's true, why are you wanting upgraded lighting? Seems to me if the lower grade bulbs produce a visible light spectrum that you like aesthetically, I'd stick with it for the lower costs. If you were running corals, or plants or something, it would be a different story.

I have two anemones, two leathers and a yellow polyp plus live rock and would like to get more

I have a 6 bulb (t5ho) fixture and I use ati and uvl bulbs...just switched mine actually. I have 2 Blue Plus (ATI), 2 Actinic White (UVL), 1 Aquablue Special (ATI) and 1 Super Actinic (UVL). I'm happy with that combo and I know yours is just 4 bulbs, but maybe you could make a combo minus 2 of my bulbs. :)

why would what fish I have make any difference to what bulbs I want for my reef tank or what my status is could someone just answer the question I asked in the first place Thanks

No,No, No...what fish you have will factor into what corals you can keep in the future...lol

yes I understand that. I pretty much know what I can have and what I can't. I have 3 heni's two clowns two royal grammas two green chromis one lemarck angel. Thanks

lemarck angel. now that's a great find. You don't see them around all the time and they make very good reef angels,

Back
Top Bottom