T5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
Getting a 8 light T5 fixture. What lights do I need? Have a 90 gallon. Want to be able to grow SPS,LPS, and a clam. Right now I have a coralife with 2 10K and 2 acintic. Any advice would be nice.

What do you mean what lights would you need? Do you mean bulbs? The bulb combo depends on what colors you like. I heard Fiji purple bulbs make colors pop, and get some blue+ and 10,000k bulbs.

Had to bust me out? Lol... Yeah, meant bulbs... Those purples help in growth too? So 4 10k, 2 blues, and two purple?

I would go with, personally, don't take my advice too too seriously:

4 ATI Aquablue specials (12k spectrum)
2 ATI Blue plus (actinic)
2 ATI Purple plus or KZ purples

Who you need is MR. X, he gave me the perfect combo for my 55g setup and I LOVE it.

carey said:
I would go with, personally, don't take my advice too too seriously:

4 ATI Aquablue specials (12k spectrum)
2 ATI Blue plus (actinic)
2 ATI Purple plus or KZ purples

Who you need is MR. X, he gave me the perfect combo for my 55g setup and I LOVE it.

I'd like some lights I could use to see my fish at night too... Maybe add a LED strip?

It's cheap enough anyways lol. I think I want to put the double one on my 125g. BUT the BRS group buy might bankrupt me. lol Once I find out how much of a discount we get I will determine if I'm gonna buy the 12 ATI bulbs. I may end up waiting on them. I suspect there has got to be some exclusions on the discount, I cant see them selling those bulbs for much less than they do already.

Wish they were open on the weekend hehe....I'm just getting more inpatient thinking about it til tuesday no less. lol

You gotta tell me how they do. I'm al ready to order a set myself lol. It's a great deal based on the reviews.

for an 8 bulb setup i would recommend this lineup-
3 -- ATI Blue Plus
1 -- UV Lighting Super Actinic
1 -- ATI 12000K Aquablue
1 -- GE 6500K Daylight
1 -- UV Lighting 10000K AquaSun
1 -- UV Lighting 75-25 Aquablue

for an 8 bulb setup i would recommend this lineup-
3 -- ATI Blue Plus
1 -- UV Lighting Super Actinic
1 -- ATI 12000K Aquablue
1 -- GE 6500K Daylight
1 -- UV Lighting 10000K AquaSun
1 -- UV Lighting 75-25 Aquablue

Will this allow me to grow anything and get a clam? Maybe down the road a nem?

absolutely. sps, clams, anemones..anything you want, and your tank will look like the forest in the movie AVATAR!

yes, except you are going to want a 6' fixture, or at least two 3' fixtures.
i would also like to suggest to you that if you are considering a 150, i would go with a 180. it's not as tall and has a better footprint. a MUCH better tank to use as a reef tank.

mr_X said:
yes, except you are going to want a 6' fixture, or at least two 3' fixtures.
i would also like to suggest to you that if you are considering a 150, i would go with a 180. it's not as tall and has a better footprint. a MUCH better tank to use as a reef tank.

Well... I'm getting the 150 for $300. Can't find a 180.

Back
Top Bottom