T5 for a 65gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, Got an upgrade coming up and im trying to decide between the ATI and TEK fixtures. The tank will be a standard 65gal 36'x18'x25'. I know the ATI is superior, but I got to think about my wallet also. I want to have the option to put what I want where I want within reason of course. Clams on the bed, acros in the lower reaches, you get the idea. Mixed reef. Will 6 bulbs be enough with these fixtures or should I bump to 8 bulbs?The way I figure is I will be fine with the 6x in the ATI but not sure about the TEK. Thanks in advance. John

Well it would be 39 watts per bulb. I understand that a system "needs" a certain number of watts per gal. I also understand that, that formula has been disproven time and time again

jgraz said:
Well it would be 39 watts per bulb. I understand that a system "needs" a certain number of watts per gal. I also understand that, that formula has been disproven time and time again

Try this.

Back
Top Bottom