T5 HO lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollie526

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have on my 65 gallon the Aqualife 6 x 39 watt freshwater plant lighting. Bulbs are 3 x's 6000k, 1- 10,000k and 2 freshwater plant bulbs. How do I figure out how many watts of lighting per gallon I have on this tank so I know what range of lighting I have, so I know what plants will do well.
If my lighting is not great which bulbs can I switch out to maximize my lighting if possible?
Thanks

I have on my 65 gallon the Aqualife 6 x 39 watt freshwater plant lighting. Bulbs are 3 x's 6000k, 1- 10,000k and 2 freshwater plant bulbs. How do I figure out how many watts of lighting per gallon I have on this tank so I know what range of lighting I have, so I know what plants will do well.
If my lighting is not great which bulbs can I switch out to maximize my lighting if possible?
Thanks
Total wattage of light divided by total gallons will give you the watts per gallon. The new measurement for lighting is PAR. There are several graphs listing the type of light, and wattage to determine the PAR at the substrate.
This is definitely a can of worms.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom