T5 HO vs Reef EVO LED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolea

Aquarium Advice Activist
Need some opinions!!!

I have a 50 gallon saltwater tank; with corals, live rock & fish.

These are the lights im going in between>>>> differences, reviews, opinions, suggestions, comments. any help would be awesome! I cant decide!

The lights im looking at are from AQUATRADER.COM -- the t5 HO; sounds like a no name brand type deal...

1. 216 watt T5 HO Light Fixture
-2X 54w T5 HO Bulbs 10,000K
-2X 54W T5 HO Actinic Blue
-4X LED Moonlights

VS

2. Reef EVO LED
-24X 10,000K 3watt LED's
-8X Actinic 460nm
-4320 Lumens

See you posted this twice... Well I don't have experience with those LEDs, but I have had t5's and now have LEDs. I have taotronics LEDs and love them. They are about $157 each. I'd go with LEDs if ur doing corals. IMO

Kio707 said:
See you posted this twice... Well I don't have experience with those LEDs, but I have had t5's and now have LEDs. I have taotronics LEDs and love them. They are about $157 each. I'd go with LEDs if ur doing corals. IMO

is there anyway I can mount them on the tank? i looked into those and seemed like they only suspend from the ceiling... Do you have the link to the ones you have?

nicolea said:
is there anyway I can mount them on the tank? i looked into those and seemed like they only suspend from the ceiling... Do you have the link to the ones you have?

i didnt know which one to post in! sorry im new

Here you go...

Look at this on eBay:

TaoTronics 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light- White

http://bit.ly/RAnsjV

I used garage railing in my canopy to secure mine.

Attachments

• image-306149151.jpg
    image-306149151.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom