Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #11
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishygurl
Its still almost 40 canadian :| I thought airstones were not very good a diffusing co2, mabye i was wrong.
You can get the glass ones from AquaGiant in Edmonton for $16CDN....and they are not airstones, but sintered glass, which is what Amano uses...positioned just under the output from a small powerhead, they are even more incredible at diffusion.

Quote:
Well anyways, if i did use an airstone, I dont undersatnd what pusher the co2 out of the air stone. Now, i just want to confirm that i understand how to do the co2.
Pressure from your tank (homemade or otherwise) does.

Quote:
1 2 liter bottle with hole drilled in lid (not sure which size?)
Whatever fits your tubing snugly.

Quote:
force airline tubing into the hole and seal with glue
run that airline into the another bottle to act as a gas seperator but do you run that line into the water in the gas seperator?
Run another airline through a hole in the gas seprator lid to the diffuser. (again is this line supposed to reach into the water?)
By 'gas seperator', do you mean 'bubble-counter'?

Quote:
What is the recipe for the c02 solution?
There are numerous ones online...and a few in the planted tanks section of this board....personally, I prefer to skip all that (except with the two little Nutrafin systems I have), and go with a tank and regs....a bit more pricey at first, but easier and cheaper in the long run, especially with any tank over 35G.

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
A gas seperator is a empty bubble counter to seperate solids/liquids that may come from the DIY CO2 generator(s) Toirtis..

btw.. IceCap's new T-5 Reflectors are suppose to rank right up there with TEK's solution for anyone keeping up with this news there are some German ones outperforming both.. LOL

Old 01-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have never seen those things anywhere, there are no good fish stores in Victoria. For the gas seperator/bubble counter do you fill it with water?
fishygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
For the gas seperator/bubble counter do you fill it with water?
Half full, above the input tube. It is best to have the exit of the input tube far below the water line so you do not have to topoff for evaporation as often, Should you be the type that wants redundancy/saftey, if the bottle is secured over the tank it will prevent back siphon, if the canisters are below the tank and knocked down or something.

Those little tonic water bottles are the perfect size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bubblecounter_separatorbottle.jpg (30.7 KB, 1319 views)

wet.biggiantnerds.com
czcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

One more question when you said 48-55 watts, its 2 14 watt bulbs not 2 24 what bulbs. Im confused, because that only 28 watts in total, but my medium light plants are doing great.

fishygurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting, t5 light, t5 lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com