t5 twin tube over tank units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bally46

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi can anyone tell me if this lighting unit is any good for growing plants in a three foot tank

Well i am new to fish keeping.I have not set anything up yet i just want to get as much info as possible before i start.the tank is fifteen inch deep, i will be using eco complete substrate with co2, the light i got with the tank is just a single tube in the hood,so i want to upgrade this. I was hoping to grow a carpet style plant in the forground with other plants aswell

Fresh water I'm assuming? It will be good as long as you buy good bulbs and make sure they are for the water you will have. Coralife makes fresh water bulbs as well as saltwater

Thanks for the help i have been itching to get started,i am almost there now lol

You'll probably want to go T5HO of your running co2...
But regaurdless, the kelvin rating you want to stay in between would be 5000-10000, but 6500-8000 being the most preferred, and 65(7)00K being the most commonly used.
ZooMed makes some pretty good bulbs and there's another called "life-glo" on the tube that looks pretty good.
Can't think of other good brands, but if you invest in a quality freshwater fixture, usually they come with bulbs capable of growing plants, just make sure to look up the Kelvin values on it.

Back
Top Bottom