T5HO Ballast source?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retired_AF

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 48" 760w Odyssea light system with 2-250w metal halides and 4-54w actinics. 1 pair of the actinics has quit working. I took the light fixture apart (whew, THAT was an adventure) and found that 1 of the electronic ballasts had blown, letting all the black goop out of the components.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find a replacement ballast? I cant seem to find one that will fit into the fixture.

I have a 48" 760w Odyssea light system with 2-250w metal halides and 4-54w actinics. 1 pair of the actinics has quit working. I took the light fixture apart (whew, THAT was an adventure) and found that 1 of the electronic ballasts had blown, letting all the black goop out of the components.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find a replacement ballast? I cant seem to find one that will fit into the fixture.

Maybe try the company? Give a call you'd be surprised!

I tried to find a contact number for the manufacturer. Unfortunately this thing was made in China andI cannot find their number. That was why I was asking for another source. I bought the lights on eBay 16 months ago so there is no warranty.

I would like another set of lights but, as a federal employee and with the federal sequestration going on, my paychecks are about to become significantly smaller than normal and I just cant afford them until the idiots in Washington get off their butts and get the budget fixed. (OK, off my soapbox now)

Anyway, I am still looking for a source for a replacement ballast that will drive 2 54watt T5HO bulbs or a single ballast that will drive all 4 54watt bulbs that will fit inside the fixture.

I tried to find a contact number for the manufacturer. Unfortunately this thing was made in China andI cannot find their number. That was why I was asking for another source. I bought the lights on eBay 16 months ago so there is no warranty.

I would like another set of lights but, as a federal employee and with the federal sequestration going on, my paychecks are about to become significantly smaller than normal and I just cant afford them until the idiots in Washington get off their butts and get the budget fixed. (OK, off my soapbox now)

Anyway, I am still looking for a source for a replacement ballast that will drive 2 54watt T5HO bulbs or a single ballast that will drive all 4 54watt bulbs that will fit inside the fixture.

Ok fair enough. Picks of the old ballast may help or... Do you have a electrical supply warehouse anywhere near you? I have 1 that's about 5 minutes away. Of you send pics I can show the guys there and hopefully get an answer for you.

Back
Top Bottom