t5ho dual light with moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole31818

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone make a t5ho light with 2 bulbs and led monnlights? All I can seem to find is either 3 or 4 bulb lights?

Don't think I've seen any but you could always add led moonlights yourself?

I'm pretty sure catalina has an option for a 2 bulb fixture with moonlights, but honestly from all the ones I've seen, the oddysea 3 bulb fixture is by far the cheapest and has more options. You don't have to run all 3 at once, it has a digital timer to control when they go off and on.

I was looking at that solar max, only issue is the blue LEDs are always on and cant be turned off.

Is that odyssea trio light decent? For the price I don't think it can be beat!

Look at fishneedit they have fixtures that you may like. Super Cheep and good quality

I've got the 3 bulb oddysea fixture and I have no complaints. It's not the best quality reflector/bulb setup but it has a digital timer, moonlight LEDs, and 3 bulbs, so it's pretty awesome, and the price cannot be beat.

I read a lot of reviews on their fixtures before buying them, and I know a lot of people who have them and have good reports, so I'm glad I made the purchase and will likely get a few of the cheap $65 2x54w fixtures soon as well.

Thanks for the help. Looks like the Odyssea is the way to go for the price. Is there any problem just running two bulbs and leaving the thrid open?

Also, has anyone had it in a canopy? Does it fit and do I need to worry about heat being generated?

Yes, I have the same question about a canopy, I'll be interested to hear what you think!

From the pictures I seen of the flip up model, it attaches ot the inside rim of the tank and doesn't have much a hang over of the tank on the sides.
let me kow if this is right?

The fixture itself doesn't seem to get hot, mine stays cool to the touch, but you could always put a vent in the top of the canopy just to be safe. I'm not sure how the mounting mechanism works, I just removed mine and DIYed a mount since I have a 4ft fixture over a 5ft tank.

This fixture is digitally controlled and you can set the on/off time for 1 bulb, 2 bulbs, and LEDs, so you could just set it to leave the 1 bulb off all the time if you only wanted to run 2.

Hi, I have the ODYSSEA 3bulb model 48 inch. Mine stays cool and haven't had any issues at all. The legs are cheesy. I cut about 2 inches off of my glass tops on the outside edges to make them fit properly and cut down on evaporation. But other than that and for the price, I love it. So do my plants.

Last edited:
You guys with the odyssea 3 bulb set, did you use the buns that came with it or upgraded bulbs? Is the lighting decent with the included bulbs?

CraigMac said:
You guys with the odyssea 3 bulb set, did you use the buns that came with it or upgraded bulbs? Is the lighting decent with the included bulbs?

I am still using the ones that came with it, about 3 months now. I can see they will need replacing soon though

Well if this helps I have my 4 bulb Solarmax Xtreme in a canopy, I had to modify it a little by building up the sides with little pieces of wood so it wouldn't hit the light and i drilled vent holes where the fan blows out,no issues at all, every now and again i open the top to let the heat out but no problems. You'll be fine. I but a thermometer in the hood to see the temp also. I just glued a glass on to the side.

Back
Top Bottom