Tank Backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MagNaturals Rock Ledge

but i was wondering rob, is your picture a toilet seat w/ thumb tacks on it?

lmao....YES!!

i had 2 find an avatar that best represented my personality, the seat says it all. if imnot pullin a prank on some1 or at least makin an a** outta myself in the name of fun.....then im sick or dying!!

thanks for the link

i remember reading somewhere that backgrounds are acutally good for the fish. In terms of their mental defensive readiness the more open sides the less safe in open water. Contrary to that, if you had a "background" on three sides, the fish would only have to watch out for danger in one direction. Again, this is something I read but it does kindof make sense. For me, I like to use a background to show the tank and fish off more plus hide the tubes and cords behind the tank.

Okay, I'm home now... so I searched up google for the foam 3D backgrounds...

Foam backgrounds (AquaTerra): AquaTerra Naturalistic 3d Backgrounds, Gallery

The ones from the UK are much better, and they have live rock 3d backgrounds too! AquaTerra Naturalistic 3d Backgrounds, Gallery

There was another UK site that had some really nice ones, can't find it now though. :(

On a side note, about the regular "planted" and "scene" background papers out there... although I've had some for 6+ years on my 90g, I don't think I will ever find one that makes sense to me. The background should add depth to the aquarium it's a background... so why are they all zoomed in and blown up so the pebbles in the background are the size of pennies, and the plants are larger than the foreground plants. Why can't one of those designers figure out if it's a background, make an aquascape with depth that continues from the average size of objects contained in an aquarium.

Just to chime in. What about foil? Does it not reflect the ever so precious and expensive lighting that we buy to provide our aquarium life? Kinda curious because that is what I was thinking of doing.

I used foil before... crumpled it up into a rock-like structure and used some non-toxic spray paint to do some low-lights... for the most part the foil stayed how it was. It looked okay, kind of tacky though... depends on what type of look you're going for though.

WOW that looks GREAT !!!!!!!!! I wondered why noone made these before. What do these cost ? I have a 100 gallon plexi and want to go with african cichlids and i have been going nuts with trying to fiqure out a rockscape and THAT is perfect.

Okay, I'm home now... so I searched up google for the foam 3D backgrounds...

Foam backgrounds (AquaTerra): AquaTerra Naturalistic 3d Backgrounds, Gallery

The ones from the UK are much better, and they have live rock 3d backgrounds too! AquaTerra Naturalistic 3d Backgrounds, Gallery

There was another UK site that had some really nice ones, can't find it now though. :(

On a side note, about the regular "planted" and "scene" background papers out there... although I've had some for 6+ years on my 90g, I don't think I will ever find one that makes sense to me. The background should add depth to the aquarium it's a background... so why are they all zoomed in and blown up so the pebbles in the background are the size of pennies, and the plants are larger than the foreground plants. Why can't one of those designers figure out if it's a background, make an aquascape with depth that continues from the average size of objects contained in an aquarium.

thanks you soooo much. im picking up a 150 gal tank today and im gonna order one of the 3-d backrounds for it.
GREAT FIND!!

Back
Top Bottom