Tank hardware options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TEL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is a list of the hardweare on my 4' x 18" x 20" high reef tank wich has only been up and running since march,just wondering if anyone has had or know of any problems this stuff might have especially with so called sw safe titanium heaters.I had one in a FW setup and it started to rust and i was getting a small zap of it when i put my hand in the water.

Tank 4'x18"x20"H

Light 4' T-5 with 4x 54watt 10000K white "superwin"

Tank flow 2 - Pro Aqua JVP-3000 3000L/H

Sump pump J&T Industry JHQ-2500 2000L/H

Skimmer Octopus NW-110-6520

Heater Mercury Aqua 300w Titanium with external digital controller

I'm not familiar with your sump but the other equipment sounds in order. As for the heaters check these out. Pro-Heat Titanium IC Heaters

I use Tunze Nano Streams (6025) for flow in my tank. They use very little power and provide excellent flow. You can also check out the Hydor Koralia pumps. They work very well also.

How much LR do you have in your system? Can you tell me a little more about your sump?

Welcome to AA!

Many of us run two heaters just for safety.... The rest looks fine.

welcometoaa.gif

This is the sump in question, I only had 1 tower on my fw setup and now I only use the bottom 2 containers which hold the return pump, skimmer and the heater, the temp sensor for the heater is in the tank The Aqua One Trickle Tower Sump Filter System The Pro Aqua JVP-3000 3000L/H are Hydor Koralia pumps copys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom