Tank hoods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duckie10198

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm in need of a new tank hood, as my LED lights have died on me. The tank is 12" by 24" and I've seen some LED light bridge clip one that look Interesting, but I don't know of I can just use that or if I have to get glass to go under. Would a full hood be better? I'm on a very limited budget for this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Duc...

Research bi-fold canopies. These are just two pieces of glass connected by a rubber strip so you can lift one side to feed the fish. You can get them online for about any sized tank and light strips can sit right on top of it.

B

Duc...

Research bi-fold canopies. These are just two pieces of glass connected by a rubber strip so you can lift one side to feed the fish. You can get them online for about any sized tank and light strips can sit right on top of it.

B

think you were meaning versa tops(y)

Versa top is a manufacturer, like Marineland, Perfecto, H2Pro and some others. The piece is a glass bi fold canopy.

B

Best thing I ever did was get a programmable light system. No more photogenic caused bacteria since the lighting is timed to resemble a normal day from sun rise to sunset

TMaier has displayed a great option. I use the Marineland hoods on my 20 longs, and they look phenomenal!

I use the same aqueon one he showed on my 29 and two on my 55. They look great! Aqueon is probably my favorite lighted hood company because you get the biggest bang for your buck, as well as a very nice look

Back
Top Bottom