tank light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
question is i found a good deal on a 48inch light compact fluresent system and my tank is only 36inch. so if i were to buy this i would have a extra foot and could let the 5 inch on either side of this. so would this be ok or should i just pass this up. for looks i have some would and just considerd building a cabinet for the tank to hide to extra size of the light. so if this would hurt anything i will probably get it since i am a broke college student and i would really like to find lighting cheap so i can keep more corals than just toadstools that i have right now.

I guess if the overhang doesn't bother you, it's not a big deal. In my opinion, it won't effect your tank much either way if that's what you mean.

yeah i know the over hand would be that great but i have enough wood to build arond the tank and hide the overhanging. i just wanted to make sure that would hurt anything. but i decided to ask and not assume just to make sure

Back
Top Bottom